ACTIVITIES - De Kelders Guest House
The Southern Right Whale
De Kelders is undisputedly the best shore based whale watching spot in the world. See the whales from the deck, from your bedroom, metres from the rocks, from the hiking trail and if you really want to see them from close by, then take a boat trip.
The Great White Shark
Gansbaai has the world's largest concentration of the Great White Sharks. See this magnificent predator at close quaters from the safety of a boat or from a cage in the water.
Dyer Island Marine Reserve
A visit to the reserve is an unforgettable experience. And educational adventure where you will see the African Penquin and numerous other seabirds as well as the endangered Black Oyster Cracker. A large seal colony lives om Geyer Rock and is a wonderful sight to see.
- L'Agulhas - Southern most point of Africa - Arniston & Elim
- Franschoek - Stellenbosch Wine Routes
- Greyton - Genadendal
- De Hoop Nature Reserve
- Bredasdorp - Napier
- Hermanus town and Hemel-and-Aarde Wine Route
Things to see and do
- Visit the Danger Point Lighthouse
- Visit the Klipgat Caves and Excavations
- Hike along the rugged coast or kilometers of beach
- Take a boat trip to the whales
- Or fly over and see them from the air
- Visit the Fisherman's Harbour and watch the boats come in
- Snorkel in the rock pools and see the abundant sea life
- Scuba diving
- Bird Watching